ipe Daily Bliss: Summer is here!

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Friday, December 03, 2010

Summer is here!


Copyright: Richard Galbraith
http://www.richardgalbraith.com.au/Gallery/Gallery_One.html

Summer is here but the rain continues.
This is yesterday's radar over sunny Brisbane.
Not much sun happening, huh?



Good news, though: the garden is looking lush & green.
The spring flowers were beautiful, this year.

Drum roll, please

Rain means that I've been very busy being very creative indoors. The only trouble is that the camera doesn't take very good photographs of my efforts. There are too many dark beads and dark backgrounds and a lack of quality lighting at the time that I think to take pics.

(Note to all those who will go into spin mode:
I'm still primarily a cross stitch girl, so put the skids on any panic you may feel when you see what I've been doing.
Beading and baby fever will pass, I assure you)


The work area - a place with two large picture windows (one beside and one in front).
I'm back at weekly beading classes learning all the fancy dancy stitching & weaving.
I'm pretty crap at it, still, but I enjoy it.
Time and practice will improve my technique.

Today, however, I'm showing you the stringing.
I've been trying to use up a few beads which were left over from my last big beading fever, about 2 (or was it 3?) years ago.


Simple but quite elegant stringing!


Sparkles for Christmas which
The Crown Prince's Consort & I bought
at a recent craft fair


Different view of the same thing.
I can't show all my secret gifts in one hit!
I've made about 4 versions of these for each of my princesses.
The MOTH's daughters-in-law (I'll call them that for ease even though we are talking legal & defacto - in Australia it's the same thing, anyway)
are getting my $25 allocation as something someone else made,
because I know my daughters' tastes but not theirs.

Why such a tight budget, you might ask?
When a couple has 7 biological off-spring PLUS their off-springs' partners, 8siblings, 2 parents (the MOTH's) & each an ex-partner to buy for, one stays within a respectable budget.

I'm saving it up for my soon-to-be very spoilt grandchild! LOL

I'll leave this entry at this point. I'm formulating a new one already, because there's more news to tell from Castle Bliss. You'll just have to wait a wee while.

Happiness & laughter to one and all,

Felicity

2 Comments:

Anonymous Margaret said...

Oh my goodness Bliss - these are absolutely stunning. What amazing gifts they will make. Have you made some lovely things for yourself as well?

Sorry there is so much rain but glad to hear that nature is taking full advantage of it in producing wonderful foliage.

1:21 am  
Anonymous Shelley said...

Sparkles for Christmas is absolutely stunning!!

2:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023