ipe Daily Bliss: The State of Things

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The State of Things



I flipped over the calendar to the new month, this morning.
To October, that is. It's officially Spring!
And not a moment too soon because I discovered that
Today is the MOTH's Little Prince's 20th birthday.
I thought it was tomorrow.
Oh dear!
As you can tell, I've been living a day-to-day existence for all of October (and September, come to think of it).
I live my life by what happens on the weekends with the MOTH & by the names of the days of the week, for the rest of the week & the family events which come with.
It went something like this, this week:
Dentist on Monday. Organise some new pots and potting mix for the garden, go to the optometrist, vacuum the dog hair.
Tuesday. No, I can't remember Tuesday (except for the use of the 9x20kg bags of potting mix) but I do remember making some appointments while I was out and about for Wednesday. Sigh. Vacuum the doghair.
Wednesday was car cleaning (all the damned dog hair!), beading class and then later in the day I had tea with the Crown Princess & her baby bump.
I think she got offended when I mentioned that it was time we went bra shopping.
LOL
Pregnant woman worrying she's getting 'fat'.
Proud grandma all excited for her daughter's gorgeous baby shape.
Forgot to vacuum the doghair.
Thursday, went to another beading class & then had the postponed lunch from Wednesday with the Living Doll, followed in the evening by a casual, but lovely, dinner with the MOTH at our local fave haunt.
Damn the dog hair, I'll do it tomorrow!
Friday. Major vacuuming crisis so did the house, the verandas around the house, the footpaths ... essentially I got so carried away because I read the instructions for the leaf blower and got it going first tug. Dinner with friends, including a new grandma. Major panic attack afterwards because I know I'm going to be just as potty as her!
And so to Saturday and two birthdays this weekend which I thought were tomorrow and Monday.
Oh dear!
These are the highlights. There's a lot of 'routine' in there as well
(walking in the park at 5am & neighbourhood friends to catch up with, school days, etc)
I'm on the treadmill but not in a rut.
I'm very happy with life indeed.
I promise to flip over the calendar again, tomorrow.


Happiness & laughter to one and all,Felicity

2 Comments:

Anonymous Alberta said...

Felicity...I think I'm in the rut! But I am slowly climbing out and getting ready for life' treadmill.
Lucky you to be welcoming spring as we prepare for more cold and white stuff!

Don't eat too much birthday cake but so enjoy yourself!

8:28 am  
Anonymous Carolyn NC said...

LOL - I am sooo with you on the dog hair!

1:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023