ipe Daily Bliss: The Living Doll Turns 21

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Living Doll Turns 21





First there was the Crown Princess. Miranda was born in 1981. I knew she was loved before she was born. The love IN her parents' lives had become the love OF their lives, as the saying goes. Next came the Crown Prince, David. He arrived in 1983. I was a bit worried for him prior to his birth because I loved his father & big sister so much I didn't think that there was any more love to give. I don't know why I worried - after all, David means 'beloved'. I guess the reality of 'Love has no boundaries' still hadn't dawned on me. Neither baby's arrival prepared me for the birth of my third child.

The 18th June 1986 will go down as one of the red letter days of my life because I fell in love at first sight. William thinks it was my blood pressure dropping suddenly, but that's not true. 'Love at first sight' had happened twice before when I was much younger & more impressionable, so I knew what it felt like, it's just that I had always assumed that this thunderbolt kind of loving was reserved for the men who might come into my life - not my new-born daughter.

I took one look at that tiny, nameless, scrap of humanity & I was agonna! Today is my Diana Helen's 21st birthday. I have since had the cadet princess (Gabriella) & acquired, by marriage, three step-sons (Michael, Luke & Nathan) so have 7 lovely off-spring to treasure. They are all very much loved as individuals. Each has their own place in my heart. Diana's place is still, after all these years, as my walking, talking, squeaking, squarking, living doll.

I was going to write a whole lot more, but I think the slideshow says it all, don't you?

Happiness & laughter always,

Bliss

1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Congratulations to you and your Living Doll on her 21st birthday. Have a fabulous day.

12:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023