ipe Daily Bliss: Take a Look at This!

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Take a Look at This!


Yesterday was a busy day, mostly about work, but one of the more pleasurable things planned was a late afternoon drive south to the Gold Coast (about 110km from where we live in Brisbane) to meet up for dinner with my parents-in-law (who are on holiday from places much further south).

This family get-together has been postponed several times because of the kitchen drama & Paul's broken foot (we usually spend Easter's 4-day weekend with them at their home near Port Macquarie but postponed that cos we were supposed to go to Sydney for another family event a few weeks after that). Consequently, last night was the first opportunity for Elaine & Trevor to pass over a birthday present for last month's big day. They had already told me that they didn't want to post it, they said, because it was too difficult.

The gift was a bonsai plant. LOL Definitely not something postable. I'm a gardener & because of the drought have a magnificent collection of potplants. This beautiful mini tree is going to take pride of place on my back veranda. Lots of hugs of appreciation were given to my parents-in-law

Then, out came the piece de resitance...

My fabulous mother-in-law knitted me a gorgeous twin-set! Am I a spoilt girl or what? She said she wasn't sure that it would fit so bought the bonsai plant just in case. You can imagine the squeals of delight from me, the manic cross stitcher & handcrafter. I was over the moon with delight. There was a lot more hugging all over again.

The good news is that both pullover & cardigan fit perfectly. Also, the weather has been most co-operative. Being almost Winter here, the temperature (which has been rather hot for this time of year) plummeted to 8C here this morning, so I'm wearing them as I type. I feel warm & toasty.


Look at the detail ... it's magnificent!



Thanks Mum! Thanks Dad! Both twinset & Bonsai are special gifts that I will treasure.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mum,

Thanks for betting the Harry Potter Tickets! I look forward to the champagin and comfortable chairs. :)

Lucky duck with the cardiagan. I like presents too..hint hint.. lol

:)

6:22 am  
Blogger Felicity said...

Harry Potter should be good. And yes, I know you like presents darling.

7:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023