ipe Daily Bliss: St Patrick's Day 2011

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day 2011

There is no opportunity for a St Paddy's Day dinner tonight because the Princesse Royale and Little Prince Newborn are still in hopsital. Today, therefore, I am celebrating the day with pictures of my maternal Irish ancestors.

My father's family was predominantly English (though one distant branch of the family came from Waterford in Ireland via a few generations in Newfoundland and another from Ireland via Scotland).


Michael Venantius Stanislaus Duffy and Mary Anastasia Reid,
(Ven and Molly) on their wedding day, 26 September 1928


The Duffy Family in early 1930

Michael Joseph Duffy (born 1870, Cloonawillin, County Clare, Ireland; d. 1935, Dubbo, NSW, Australia) and his wife, Mary Theresa Rankin, whose father and grandparents came from Donegal, Ireland (1873-1949, New South Wales, Australia), and all their Australian-born children. My grandparents are the man in the back row between his parents in the front row (Michael Venatius Stanislaus Duffy) and the woman with the baby, Molly (born Mary Anastasia Reid).

Molly's father and his family were born in Kilkenny, Ireland.


Ven & Molly in 1968 in my parents' Canberra front garden.


Janet Mary Duffy
(1930-1993)
My mother

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Alberta said...

How wonderful to have these photos! I must say your mother had a striking resemblance to a Shirley Temple!♥♥♥Beautiful post Felicity!♥♥♥

11:29 am  
Anonymous Margaret said...

I love those pictures Felicity, especially the one of your mother.

1:01 am  
Anonymous claire93 said...

lovely photos and I agree with Alberta - just look at those Shirley Temple curls ^^

10:45 pm  
Anonymous Felicity said...

Sigh. They didn't get passed on to me! Two of my siblings have the same curly, curly hair and three of my four have fairly good curls but my hair is as straight as a smoothly sanded piece of wood.

3:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023