ipe Daily Bliss: Guilty Start No.1

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Guilty Start No.1


Living with Charm
Date started: 24th June 2008

This project, designed by Lizzie Kate, has been organised for a while even though this is the first you have heard of it. I started stash collecting the patterns, floss & fabric last year. So now that the mojo has returned, I'm starting it (I know me: I have a whole list of starts close together and then finish them over the next two years). The fabric & floss are mostly according to the plan (32 count Lambswool plus Weeks Dye Works threads). Above is Part 1 already stitched.

The fabric is gorgeous to work with & remarkably easy to see even though it's 32 count. I've never liked 32 count fabric before (though I guess a light coloured fabby is easier to see than a dark one). DMC has a nicer feel for stitching & seems a more robust thread, but I don't think this matters for the Weeks when the thread count of the fabric is so high.

Now, the only trouble is that there's a Lizzie Kate Christmas design that I'd like to do AND the housework sampler, too ...

What are you drooling over that you'd like to stitch, dear readers?

Bliss

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your part one of the L*Ks. I think this is a gorgeous series.

Not sure what I'm drooling over that I'd like to stitch at the moment. Probably too much as usual! Lol!

The hearts are looking really pretty.

10:59 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all of Lizzie & Kate's patterns. I did their very first Monthly Seasonal ones as one whole picture and I have that hanging up in my living room.

The two that I want to get started and drooling over like NOW is "Welcome To Our Pad" and "Fantasy Tryptich" - those are the two that I want to get started ASAP.

Your Stitching is beautiful...

Take care & Happy Stitching

11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the Housework chart and intend to stitch and hang it over the broom and other cleaning tools, to remind myself that I should stitch and not clean. LOL

11:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cute start! I have so many charts ready-to-start I don't know where to start! lol!

6:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice start ;)

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooo I want to stitch so badly but am being overwhelmed by other stuff...mostly wedding related. I'm so looking forward to the big day so I can pick up some stitching and relax quietly!

4:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, please don't use the "G" word! I just refuse to let that nasty bugger into my stitchy life! I say, if you want to start something new every single day then you should do so with impunity and enjoy every single stitch! Lovely start!

5:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same LK charts ready to be stitched. Hmmm... Now that Mime is done, maybe I should add that to my WIP's!

12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great start. I just started this as a SAL with my SIL as well. It seems to have been a really popular piece this last year as I've seen so many people working on it.
Sue

10:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am drooling over the LK Christmas Double Flips too, I will definitely have to indulge and get them all LOL.
I have the other LK Double Flips in my 'to do' pile.
Sandy

6:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cost outweighs practicality for the Christmas double flips. Each double chart costs $8.50 & then I have to add postage from the US needlework store(who charges $12.50 each installment). I'll just have to wait until they are all published and then order them for one $12.50 postage charge. I'm sure I've got plenty to go on with.

8:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023