ipe Daily Bliss: Christmas Cards

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Cards


I have a list of family and friends I know all written in a book.
Every year when Christmas comes, I go and take a look.
That is when I realize that all these names are part,
Not of the book they’re written in, but of deep within my heart.

For each stands for someone who has crossed my path sometime,
And in that meeting they’ve become a rhythm in each rhyme,
And while it sounds fantastic for me to make this claim
I feel I am composed of each remembered name.

While you may not be aware of any special link,
Just meeting you has changed my life, a lot more than you think.
For once we’ve met somebody the years cannot erase
The memory of a pleasant word, family ties, or a friendly face.

So never think my Christmas cards are just a mere routine
Or are just names upon a Christmas list, forgotten in between,
For when I send a Christmas card which is addressed to you
It’s because you are on the list of family and friends I’m indebted to.

For I am but the sum of the family and friends since birth I’ve met
And you happen to be one of those I prefer not to forget.
Whether I’ve known you many years or just a few,
In some way you have had a part in shaping the things I do.

Every year when Christmas comes I realize anew
The best gift life can offer is meeting folks like you.

May the spirit of Christmas that forever endures
Leave its richest blessings in the heart of you and yours.


Friends bring out the beautiful things in each other that no one else looks hard enough to find.



Happiness & laughter always,

Bliss

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023