ipe Daily Bliss: Post Brisbane Ramblings

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Post Brisbane Ramblings

I'm writing this in the airport, so it's all text rather than pictures.
We are finally, and very thankfully, on our way home! It has been a full and very exciting 4 weeks, or so (I had my birthday, Paul has finished with RT, Gabs & John got married, we had the trip to Sydney, baby sat the boys, did Mothers Day, went to visit Trevor and Elaine, and then had another family weekend which included Sue Yek stuff and Mark's party). 
I'm exhausted!
If my count is correct, we went out for lunch or dinner 14 times, had my hair cut or done 4 times, bought two extra dresses, 3 autumn tops and two pairs of shoes ... And still I'm going home loads lighter in body and suitcase.
Right now, we are sitting in the Qantas lounge waiting for a delayed flight. I couldn't care less. I have a nip of scotch in one glass and some dry ginger in another. I'm mixing and sipping. My plan is to sleep well on the plane from take off to touch-down.
As you can imagine, the Crocker party was a wonderful success. Like my Sue Yek family, they do a great party. I caught up in chat with all our siblings and the few nieces and nephews who went (Frankie, Clare, Erin, Jack and Max). I also enjoyed the company of my own lovely kids around the fire pit - Gabs was also there, with John, having flown in at breakfast time, yesterday. Gen put on a good spread. I offered to help during the afternoon, so she said:
"Come on over. You can help cut up stuff."
At that point I hoped it wasn't firewood.
It turned out to be 10kg of beans - or more precisely "a bloody lot" according to Paul. We then escaped and left Gen and her well organised team to it.

My flight has been called so it's time to go.
Love you all lots.
Felicity xoxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023