ipe Daily Bliss: Christmas-in-July

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Christmas-in-July

Last night we hosted our annual Christmas-in-July supper. I won't exactly say 'Never again!' but I think that we need to change the format.

Last year, we made it compulsory for our off-spring to attend. It was a disaster because of the Davies boys! This year we sent everyone an invitation, but made it clear it was under their own steam that they came. Consequently, we had only 3 of our children (plus their partners & a few friends/family) attend. It was lovely to see them.

This year we hosted too many differing groups of people for the one event. This was mostly due to a desire to say goodbye to a group of people I have outgrown in my life, and who I rarely see unless I put the invitation in place. There isn't time for people like this, any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023