ipe Daily Bliss: Subtle Differences

Daily Bliss

Today's lovely moments are tomorrow’s beautiful memories

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Subtle Differences


Only small changes this week even though I seem to have done a fair number of stitching hours compared to the previous couple of months.

I can't believe the difference between stitching on light & dark fabrics. Black is such a challenge that I've taken to wearing magnifying glasses & using stronger light because of the colour - anything that helps!

Nevertheless, Fred's still a cutie & a joy to sew.

Bliss

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is looking good and will be a stunning finish.

I'm intersted in your comments about sewing on black because I have a big project I'm thinking of doing on black fabric.

8:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Bliss...just look at Frederick...isn't he so cute! Your work is looking marvelous!

I hope you are a beautiful weekend filled with just fun things!

9:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I love this design and he's looking so comfortable laying there inbetween all the books. One day I will get this one to stitch :o)

Do you always grid your work or is it because this one is on black?

7:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely compliments, girls. They are appreciated. Yes, I grid most of my work unless it's something really tiny. About 2 years ago, I went to a workshop in South Australia where the leaders of the group did it for many of their projects. I thought I'd try it. The result is that I have finished 6 reasonably sized projects in the last 18 months as opposed to 2 projects in the last 8 years. I find it's good to work on evenweave too.
I'll end up gridding the Celtic Autumn that you gave me too.

9:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your progress is looking great!! Never tried stitching on black yet, i'll bet it's not easy.

5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred is looking really good.I agree with you. I am stitching an Amish quilt on black Aida, but I am finding it really hard to see the holes in the thread.

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright © 2007-2023 Bliss Davies.

Last template update: 2nd August 2023